Find the event on Facebook:
The annual index is a snapshot of the media freedom situation in the world and highlights some of the challenges to press freedom today: disinformation, censorship, distrust, and prosecution of journalists doing their job. We will get the new statistics that rank 180 countries by their level of press freedom, hear from media experts and from journalists in the field.
- Welcome from Kjersti Fløgstad, Executive Director, Nobel Peace Center
- Introduction from Kristin Skare Orgeret, professor OsloMet
- Presentation from Thibaut Bruttin, Deputy Director, Reporters without Borders. Presentation of the Press Freedom Index 2022Panel discussion
- Thibaut Bruttin and Knut Olav Åmås, in conversation with Kristin Skare Orgeret.Video reports:
- Russia/Tbilisi, Marfa Smirnova, journalist, Insider, former TV Rain
- Ukraine/Lviv. Situation for the press in Ukraine
- France: Valérie Kasparian, lawyer, Avrillon and Huet
- Egypt: Cherine Al-Sanaa
The event will be in English and will be live-streamed.
The event is created in collaboration with Reporters Without Borders and Oslo Metropolitan University.
This event is a part of “Nobel Peace Talks” – the Nobel Peace Center’s event-series about Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov’s Nobel Peace Prize. Nobel Peace Talks is supported by Norsk Hydro, Reitan Retail, Luminate and Fritt Ord.